Thursday, May 10, 2012

Reason #763 . . .

 . . . why I love my job:
This morning, all the new people working at the corporate offices of my company were invited to a "Welcome Aboard Breakfast" in the executive dining room.

ALL the upper management were there, including the company's president, who gave a nice speech and made us all feel valued. It wasn't a stuffy affair: actually, the new people were the most dressed-up. Most of the others were wearing what passes for business casual here--khaki's & a collared shirt--button-down, polo, etc. Lots of comfortable shoes, too.

The company president stressed the fact that we're a "first name" company--no Mr. This or That.

Our supervisors introduced us all by name and gave a short background on all of us and of course there was the usual group photo op at the end with the president. We were all cracking up in the photo, it was that relaxed.

This is a company I want to be a part of for a LONG time. I finally found out what I want to do with my life.

Better late than never!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky you!

phinz said...

@ Anonymous: yes, thanks! VERY lucky me!