Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hmmmmm . . .

I read blogs by friends and loved ones and see how much music is an influence or a commentary on their lives. And I wonder when that stopped being true of me and my life.

And then I realized, the music pretty much went out of my life when I got married, and got consumed by my husband's life and family and concerns, and I lost myself along the way. I thought that was part of (finally) growing up and caring about things other than myself. And I worked SO HARD to be worthy of that new family.

Never questioning if they were worthy of me, just accepting that I had to live up to them.

Well, that was my mistake.

Time to cue up some Buffett and be me again. Feels good.

4 comments:

Jack Petersen said...

Go get 'em, Tigger.

phinz said...

@Jack--thanks. I've been working my way to this point for a while, and it's certainly not that I'm better than anyone; it's that I'm just as good and deserve to be treated as such.

Lefty Sloane said...

well get your parrot head on a start singing a new tune. SOmething crazy is shaking the universe and everyone I know is feeling the ripple effect. Glad to know God is a priority in your life, cuz. I wouldn't have made it this far without him; praying it all gets better. Sooner rather than later.

phinz said...

Thanks, cuz!

And . . .

FINS UP! =0)