Monday, March 9, 2009

Overheard Stuff

The LA Times puts out a magazine occasionally in the Sunday paper. Mostly it's full of high fashion crap and ads for expensive bling for bodies and houses.
They do have one column that's fun, however. It's called "Overheard" and they encourage people in the LA area to email things in.

  • "I just had my wisdom teeth pulled--now I don't know which teeth to turn to for advice." - Twentysomething on his cell at a medical plaza in Century City
  • "I am so pro-knife." - Two women discussing their noses at Whole Foods
  • "I'm almost forty. Maybe it's time to self-publish." - Customer to the cashier at Starbuck's in Little Tokyo
  • "Enjoy the movie, kids--that was your college money." - A fortysomething dad paying for a family of six at the AMC Century City
  • "Where was Hitler's mother?" - Ten-year-old watching the History Channel with his parents
  • "No nonsmoking section? I need a minute to meditate." - Frantic woman on the patio at an Art LA opening
  • "I'm looking for one that will appeal to a jury." - Older man shopping for a tie at Kohl's
  • "Wait, are we talking about Nietzsche or the Oscars?" - College students in a late-night discussion at Jerry's Deli
  • "I have the status symbol of the 21st century--a job." - Reply to, "You went from a Beemer to a Saturn?"

No comments: