Friday, March 20, 2009

Stolen from bluepaintred, and a fun license plate

I saw this plate when I went to the bank yesterday. I love having a camera phone that takes good pictures without a lot of skill on my part.
And here's a new meme I hadn't seen before--stolen directly from bpr, one of my favorite blogs.
ABC'S
A - Age: 47
B - Bed size: Huge, thank God, because I'm doing the hot flash thing these days.
C - Chore you hate: Dusting. Never liked it; never will; been known to avoid it for months.
D - Dad's name: Frank
E - Essential Start Your Day Item: Caffiene, in any way, shape or form, but preferably a grande 5-pump skinny vanilla latte from 'Bux
F - Favorite Actor: Love Sean Connery forever,but am now very partial to Clive Owen
G - Gold or Silver: White gold
H - Height: I am definitely challenged in this category, coming as I do from a family of 3 older brothers all over 6 feet tall. I'm about 5'4" and not shy about asking the nearest taller person to reach something for me in a store.
I - Instrument(s) you play: (I love blue's answer on this so I'm stealing that too) Keyboard. As in, on my computer. I tried to learn the harmonica but it kinda freaked out my pet birdies so I gave up(that was just me, I don't if Blue ever tried the harmonica)
J - Job Title: Office manager, and hopefully soon "Pharmacy Tech"
K - Kids: None of my own; 5 stepkids. no, 6. the hubs qualifies in this category more often than not.
L - Like: Coffee. Email. 4-legged creatures. Traveling. Books. Seeing nasty people get taken down a few pegs.
M - Mom's Name: Alice (altho somehow on mailing lists it got changed to "Slice" which we think is hilarious because she's a golfer)
N - Nickname: "Jesus Christ!" (usually employed in disbelieving tones)
O - Overnight Hospital Stay Other Than Birth: having a cyst removed from my cheekbone when I was like, 11. I was the only patient on the children's ward who needed a bra under my pj's (I had those girls chopped down later on, woo hoo!)
P - Pet Peeve: People who firmly believe they are ALWAYS RIGHT, ALL THE TIME, and refuse to even consider another point of view
Q - Quote That you Like: "I can't brain today; I have the dumb" --Sam, and "Trust, but verify"--Ronald Reagan
R - Righty or Lefty: Righty.
S - Siblings: 3 older brothers and 2 sil's
T - Time You wake Up: Which time? One of the many when I need to use the facilities, the time I wake up worrying about stuff, or the ACTUAL time I wake up to get out of bed?
U - Useful Tool: Computer. Cell phone camera. Sense of humor.
V - Vegetable That You Dislike: Lima beans & cooked peas GAG ME.
W - Ways You Run Late: I'm usually on time, if not early, for stuff. Except when I'm visiting in Ohio; I usually run late there because I'm having so much fun with Person A, that I run late for Person B, THEN I'm having so much fun with Person B, I run really late for Person C, etc. etc. etc. Thank God for the understanding of good friends!
X - X-rays You've Had: chest, ankle (multiple times), hand, teeth, carry-on at the airport . . .
Y - Yummy Foods You Make: Turkey chili, molten chocolate cakes, cashew brittle, shrimp scampi
Z - Zodiac: Aries. Sometimes I wish I actually had those rams' horns--I would do some SERIOUS damage to some nasty people.
In the meantime, I'll just keep an eye out for fun license plates . . .

No comments: