Saturday, January 3, 2009

Doin' good!

I've gotten up 2--count 'em, TWO!--mornings in a row and fulfilled Res #1 to walk around the block! Yay me!

It takes me about 35 minutes--"the block" is actually 1.3 miles with a looong uphill climb included about halfway. Not steep, but definitely an upward slope,the top of which is a pinpoint from the bottom (this hill is a notorious speedtrap--and today I did see someone going down the hill get pulled over). And the last bit, coming up the street to our house at the top of the cul de sac, is known as "Suicide Hill" amongst the bike-riding set, if that tells you anything.

I also carry 1.5 lb. handweights and pump my arms in an effort to firm up those wings hanging off where triceps are supposedly located.

The hardest part is to make myself keep walking PAST our Starbuck's on the corner. I won't allow myself to carry money or my 'Buck's card because I know the temptation would win every time. And since I get right out of bed and get going, I REALLY wouldn't want to go in 'Buck's with bedhead and unbrushed teeth. Bleh!

5 comments:

Blondefabulous said...

But their new Hot teas are the bomb! A Black tea latte' is only 150 calories with the Grande 2% milk in it. Yum!!!!

Lefty Sloane said...

I love this!!! I'll be back!

phinz said...

@Blonde--have you tried the Earl Grey with the vanilla syrup? I don't even LIKE EG but it was good!

btw, after I get home, shower, brush the teeth,etc--THEN I go back for my grande 5-pump skinny vanilla latte!

@Julie--Thank you!!!!! You are one of my biggest inspirations!

Anonymous said...

Wow Suz thats an intense walk. And carrying weights... you fat burning machine. Yay you! Wow I'm impressed.

phinz said...

@Sam--Welcome and thanks for the encouragement!