Monday, January 5, 2009

The Last Blast


Well, I didn't get up and walk yesterday (Sunday)--got distracted by hubs *wink wink* so that was okay!
Later we picked up R&J (sd & sil) and drove to Sherman Oaks to see Gran Torino, the new Clint Eastwood movie. It's good--vintage Clint, with the raspy voice and menacing glare, and worth the price of a ticket. We hear he may be hanging up his "starring role" hat after this film. We had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory--their fish tacos are awesome--and of course dessert--hubs & I shared a piece of Key Lime cheesecake and R&J shared the Tuxedo cheesecake.
The Galleria still had their Christmas decorations up so I snapped a few shots with my phone cam. It was like, the last blast of Christmas. Blow out the candles, Jesus, and let's get this New Year rockin'!
On that note, today's walk was great! That hill wasn't such a killer this time, woo hoo!

4 comments:

Blondefabulous said...

Don't put your back out like I did! "wink, wink"

phinz said...

@blonde--roger that: I'll watch my back ;0)

Lefty Sloane said...

Well, I guess we all be puttin a little more rocking in our weekend, eh? I know we did our part too, wink ;).
Puts a spring in MY step on monday. Didn't mind 40 on the elliptical either.

phinz said...

Yay for 40 on the elliptical!