Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Man plans, God laughs

So here I am in Ohio--lovely state! Really. Snow swept vistas as far as the eye can see--and this includes the ROADS.

Flights in went without a hitch--got into and out of Chicago before the delays kicked in, L&J met me at baggage pick-up in Cleveland with smiles and HUGE hugs as usual. We stopped at WalMart on the way home to pick up some pictures of L in her elf costume--curly shoes and all!--that she wore for her choir's show. I fell down in the MAIN aisle of WalMart (don't ask--all I can say is--sometimes it's GOOD to be from out of town). Had a nice day Friday with Mom & Dad. Who KNEW Manwich made such great sloppy joe's?! This will definitely be served at my house from now on. Mom gave me a band-aid for the owie on my knee from the WalMart incident. Yeah, I'm home *sigh* of contentment . . .

Saturday--snowed IN. Drove the 15 minutes to brother Mike's house and that was it. Didn't want to risk putting Dad's car in the ditch (flashing back to high school), so L&J and I put together an entire puzzle and had a very cozy day. Sunday was better--L & I actually made it up to the (as it evolved) Girls' Afternoon of Wine and (this time) L2's (I have 2 friends named the same L name) Texas Chili, Veg Soup, Cornbread, GA's salad and L's homemade cinnamon rolls--YUM!
So anyways, now I'm trying to work 6 day's visiting into 3 days--sorry, can't see everyone I'd hoped this time. Oh, and THEN there was the episode with MOM'S car--but that's a later post--don't worry; no ditches involved.

Let's just say this visit has managed to pretty much go cattywampus on me, so I'm just going with the flow and still having a really good time. Family and friends RAWK!

It's supposed to be a high of 8 degrees on Thursday, not counting the windchill factor. I love my peeps but I don't care if I have to de-ice that plane with a hair dryer, I WILL get back to sunny Southern California. ;0)

4 comments:

Blondefabulous said...

This is why my happy fanny stays here in the sunshine state! (Although it is going to be 30 degrees on Thursday.)

Lefty Sloane said...

Yeah. I remember when I lived in Florida. I didn't miss the snow except on Christmas Day. I didn't miss having soup for six months of the year. And we never ever got snowed in.
So how did I end up back here?

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha yeah I know the feeling, like noooo I wannnaaaaa gooooo hoooooommmmme.
I hope you made it, its wicked cold here.

phinz said...

@Blonde--yeah. I remember thinking 30 was cold. UNTIL I landed in Chicago to minus 21 degree temps. It changes the perspective immensely.

@Julie--Ohio: you can run, but you can't hide.

@Sam--after having to run through the airport in Chicago to make my connecting flight, yes, I am safely home and thawing out as we speak!